Sunday, November 13, 2011

The Opposite

"If every instinct you have is wrong than the opposite must be right," was spoken numerous times in the season 5 episode 22 and 86th overall episodes of Seinfeld where George does The Opposite. The logic behind that show was that everything in George's life went wrong because he followed his basic instinct. I don't think this rule applies to everything but I think it does with finances, especially mine. 




Face it Andrena, you are horrible with your finances. You spend the money  that God provides you unwisely, and this bad habit ends up hurting the people you love dearly. Everything that comes naturally to you about money has been 100% wrong. Yes, I agree with this philosophy. I spend, hoard, fail to see money's value and at the rate I'm going to be living on the streets with broken dreams, lost hopes, and no real future. If every instinct I have about money is wrong, then the opposite must be right.

I never thought I'd catch myself adopting a philosophy from the show Seinfeld as my own but I feel that this is an act of desperation before I do not have the chance to do the opposite but pure desperation.

Alright George Costanza, I will adopt your religion. If every instinct I have about finances is wrong and leads to heart ache, than the opposite must be right. So, from now on, with God's help of course, I will do the opposite. Up is down, black is white, good is bad, right is wrong, and want I want I don't want. 

This is for you, God, and this is for you, mom!

By the way, this ISN'T A JOKE.  I AM DEAD SERIOUS! IF EVERY INSTINCT I HAVE IS WRONG, THAN THE OPPOSITE MUST BE RIGHT. THEREFORE, I WILL DO THE OPPOSITE!


2 comments:

  1. Admitting one's weaknesses and shortcomings is the first step of discipleship and maturity. For major problems and sins it usually comes as a rude shock that disrupts our pride. God has a tendency to humble us in our walk with Him in order to remove the dross. It is never easy and quite humbling. At that point, now comes the critical part. Will repentence follow? It is the proverbial fork in the road. Now that one knows a major life choice is to be made, will one make the right choice or stick with the old one. Many times we will fall back to the old road but God graciously humbles us again and presents the fork in the road. If our hearts truly desire His will, we eventually and consistently choice the right path.

    ReplyDelete